Wake Up to Smart Home Automation
How Technology can Improve Your Mornings
Mornings can sometimes feel like a race to the finish line. You have to fit in your daily routine and, perhaps, help get your family out the door as well. A hectic AM sets the tone for a hectic workday. Maybe it’s time to make a change and move toward a simpler morning. One method is smart home automation. In this article, we’ll take a tour of a typical weekday morning in your Somerset or Morris County NJ home as it would be with automation. To learn more, continue reading.
Automation in Your Bedroom
We’ll start our tour where your morning begins: the bedroom. One of our favorite aspects of smart home automation is the ability to create scenes. Scenes are a collection of settings that allow multiple smart technologies to work together in sync with your lifestyle. A “Wake-Up” scene, for example, can be scheduled to start every morning at the time you need to be awake. Here are a few ways to use smart technology:
- A whole home audio system allows you to listen to your favorite sources--whether that be streaming services, vinyl records, or your personal MP3 collection--in every room. As part of your “Wake-Up” scene, you can use your favorite tunes as an alarm.
- If your favorite song isn’t enough to perk you up, how about using the sunlight? At the same time that your alarm goes off, your motorized shades automatically open up to let in the sun. Your internal clock is very sensitive to light. So, use automation to maintain darkness with heavy drapes or blackout curtains while you sleep, that then reveal the natural light you need for that morning energy boost.
- Speaking of light, you’ll also want to incorporate your electric light in the wake-up process. As a part of your morning scene, use lighting control to program not only your bedroom lights to turn on, but create pathways of light to your bathroom or kitchen. That way you can easily move right through your mornings.
Automation in Your Kitchen
The kitchen is often where the family meets, and that can get a little hectic. How can automation help manage this space? Here are a few examples:
- Although sunlight can help you wake up, the morning light can also produce more extreme angles than at other times of the day. That can mean glares coming in through your kitchen windows. Use a light sensor to monitor the light and automatically adjust your motorized shades to offset the changing light. You can prepare your breakfast in a comfortable setting without any hassle.
- One great use of your morning is to catch up on the latest news or relax with a favorite TV show or music. As you sip your coffee, prepare your lunch, or eat breakfast, your kitchen can transform into an entertainment zone with hidden technologies. Televisions can be placed in mirrors or behind a piece of art and speakers can be installed into your walls invisible to the eye. Your entertainment only comes out when you want to use it so that it doesn’t take up too much space. Therefore, you can easily multitask or make a little “me-time” in the morning.
If you’re ready to improve your AM and make your life a little simpler, it might be time for smart home automation. Bravo AV can provide the highest quality equipment and expert installation. Contact us today to get started.